Stocking fish in farm dams (Primefact 89)


This guide is for stocking fish for angling and domestic consumption on private property only.

Commercial fish farming (aquaculture) is a specialised venture needing thorough investigation of the technology and economics, and requires a permit from NSW DPI (which has literature on fish and crayfish farming).

Stocking of fish into public waters (including creeks, rivers and impoundments) requires a special NSW DPI permit.


Primefact 89 Fourth Edition

Published: Sep 2017