In May 2002 the installation and operation of instream structures and other mechanisms that alter natural flow regimes of rivers and streams were listed as a key threatening process (KTP) under the Fisheries Management Act 1994. The contents of this Primefact include information on the following:
- What are 'instream structures or other mechanisms that alter natural flows'?
- Why are instream structures installed and operated?
- What are the impacts of altering natural flow regimes?
- What threatened fish are affected by this KTP?
- What happens after a key threatening process is listed?
- How are threat abatement plans implemented?
- Reducing the impacts of this KTP
- Bibliography and further reading