About FishOnline - FisherDirect
FisherDirect is a secure online self service business system built specifically to provide commercial and charter fishing business owners, fishers and their appointed agents with access to their business information and transactions 24/7.
FisherDirect is quick, easy and simple to use.
FisherDirect will currently allow you to:
- transfer shares and fishing businesses
- transfer quota
- get an up to date view of quota balance/s
- authorise and / or revoke fisher(s)
- post advertisements to, and review the FishOnline NoticeBoard - For Sale and Trade
- pay your fishing business charges and fees
- renew your licenses
- lodge catch and effort log sheets for non-quota and quota based fishing activities (with the exception of lobster)
- view fishing activity reports lodged by fishers
- replace licence/fishing business cards
- see your recorded catches dating back to 1 July, 2009
- view your authorised fisher history dating back to February, 2007
- view the endorsement history of your businesses dating back to February, 2007
- view licence details
- receive messages
- manage aspects of your FishOnline account
- appoint and permission agents to act on your behalf
- update your contact details
FishOnline - FisherDirect registration
In order to use FisherDirect, you will need to register - criteria for registration applies.
FishOnline - FisherDirect Login
Appoint an agent
An agent is someone who can transact on your behalf in an online self service capacity.
Agents can only be appointed to operate in the FishOnline - FisherDirect system. It does not authorise them to act on your behalf outside of the FisherDirect system.
You can appoint an agent to undertake any or all of the following roles in the system:
- Fishing Business Owner Agent (appointment is per fishing business)
- Fisher Agent
- Fishing Boat Licence Holder Agent
- Commercial Fishing Licence Holder Agent
- Financial Management Agent
Each role has a list of available permissions that you can choose from to allow your agent to manage and transact online on your behalf.
Register an agent
Revoke or vary agent permissions
Nominees of agents have the ability to stop persons from acting as their online agents or vary their level of access at any time.
Change your agent permissions
FishOnline - FisherDirect demonstrations
The following FisherDirect demonstrations have been developed to assist you with using the online services.
First Time Login and Password Reset
Account Profile and Management
FishOnline Notice Board – For Sale and Trade
Catch and Effort (Commercial fishing)
Catch and Effort (Charter fishing)
FishOnline - FisherDirect frequently asked questions and trouble-shooting
You may find this section useful if looking for answers in relation to a list of frequently asked questions, possible errors or problems and how to fix them.
If further support is required, refer to Contacts.
Last updated: 03 Jun 2021