Inorganic Chemistry – Soil/plant/water/other
- ICP scan of twenty elements including:
- Aluminium, arsenic, boron, calcium, cadmium, cobalt, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, molybdenum, sodium, nickel, phosphorus, lead, sulfur, selenium & zinc.
- If not all elements are required testing can be for individual elements or a number of selected elements.
- Alternatively elements can be grouped into metals ( Al, As, Cd, Cr, Cu, Ni, Pb, Se Zn), nutrients ( B, Ca, Cu, Fe, K, Mg, Mn, Na, P, S, Zn) or cations (Ca, Mn, Na, K).
- Total carbon and/or total nitrogen by DUMAS combustion (LECO)
- Anions: Cl, NH4, NO2 , NO3, PO4, SO4
- Plant nitrate
Chemistry tests - Soil
A selection of soil test kit packages designed for basic, grazing, cropping and horticulture applications are available. See Soil testing for further information
- Other testing available includes;
- Acid neutralising capacity
- Boron by calcium chloride extraction
- Bray phosphorus or Colwell phosphorus
- Electrical conductivity
- Exchangeable cations by ICP (Gillman and Sumpter or IM NH4Cl): Al, Ca, K, Mg and Na
- Mineral nitrogen (NO3 and NH4)
- Nitrate nitrogen
- Organic carbon (by Walkley Black or Dumas method)
- pH (water or CaCl2)
- Phosphorus buffering index
- Total Kjeldahl nitrogen
Chemistry tests - Water
Water test kits which include EC, pH, alkalinity, hardness, chloride, SAR, SI, turbidity and an interpretation report are available. See Water testing for further information.
- Other water testing available:
- Water test kit (as above) plus full ICP scan
- Ammonia, chloride, nitrate, nitrite, phosphate, sulfate by FIA
- Total nitrogen and total phosphorus
- Total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Total suspended solids (TSS)
- Total and dissolved organic carbon in water