Impacts and management of flooding and waterlogging in citrus orchards
Heavy rainfall and flooding events in NSW may cause some immediate damage to trees, but may also have significant long term impacts on citrus orchards, particularly those planted on heavy soils or those with impeded drainage.
Topics covered by this factsheet include:
- Previous flooding events in the MIA
- What is waterlogging?
- What happens in waterlogged soils?
- Symptoms, effects and tolerance of citrus to waterlogging
- Diseases prevalent following wet conditions
- What can be done after flooding & waterlogging?
Published: Mar 2012