Dolphin and whale watching
- The park is home to more than 90 resident bottlenose dolphins. Offshore, it is common to see large common dolphin pods. Up to 1000 individuals have been recorded in a single pod.
- Large numbers of humpback whales visit during their north and south migrations. Southern right whales, sei whales, fin whales and the blue whale have also been recorded.
- Several local charter operators can take you out to view whales or dolphins, including by kayak.
- Visit Environment and Heritage and Wild About Whales for more information about whales and whale watching.
- Visit the NSW Destination website for more visitor information.
What else can I do and see?