The NSW Government has developed a vision and plan to ensure the forestry industry is economically viable and ecologically sustainable into the future.
The NSW Forestry Industry Roadmap is the NSW Government’s strategic action plan to build a stronger, more competitive and ecologically sustainable forestry industry.
It outlines a triple bottom line approach to achieving social, ecological and economic sustainability through four priority pillars:
- Regulatory modernisation and environmental sustainability
- Balancing supply and demand
- Community understanding and confidence
- Industry innovation and new markets
Under each of these four pillars, there are clear actions the NSW Government will implement.
The roadmap is the most positive whole-of-government plan the state’s $2.4 billion forestry and wood-manufacturing industry has seen in decades.
- NSW Forestry Industry Roadmap (PDF, 3620.87 KB)
- Summary of NSW Forestry Industry Roadmap (PDF, 1516.22 KB)
- Cypress Forestry Industry Roadmap (PDF, 1569.93 KB)
- North Coast Forestry Industry Roadmap (PDF, 1433.43 KB)
- Plantation Forestry Industry Roadmap (PDF, 1351.89 KB)
- Redgum Forestry Industry Roadmap (PDF, 1450.69 KB)
- Media release - Clear vision for the future of forestry industry (PDF, 104.65 KB)
- Independent review of coastal hardwood wood supply agreements (PDF, 1881.18 KB)
- Socio-economic impacts of the softwood plantation industry (PDF, 1698.99 KB)
- Project 2023 - North Coast resources review (PDF, 79.58 KB)