An identification guide for hammerhead sharks in NSW has been released.
Proposed Aboriginal cultural fishing regulation developed as part of the framework for managing fisheries resources in NSW.
The Fisheries Scientific Committee has made a final determination to list the Australian Grayling as an Endangered Species.
An urgent Fishing Closure was implemented in Tilligerry Creek, Port Stephens and Fullerton Cove, Hunter River on 4 September 2015 to prohibit the taking of fish because of a pollution event.
Angling clubs, individuals, community groups, local councils and organisations interested in rehabilitating fish habitats in freshwater and saltwater areas throughout NSW can apply for grants.
The Structural Adjustment Review Committee has released it's Draft Recommendations and invites feedback
Proposed legislative changes and summary papers.
The Australian Fisheries Management Forum has developed a national statement of intent
The strategic plan identifies outcomes, strategies and key measures of success for Fisheries NSW over the next few years.
When you're fishing in NSW waters you're required by law to pay the NSW Recreational Fishing Licence Fee
Shark ecologist, Vic Peddemors, explains that through failed understanding of shark behavior and the use of practices that are unsustainable, the apex predator in a fragile ecosystem is now at risk.
- Advent Energy Ltd – 2014/15 Seismic Survey – Offshore Sydney Basin Area
- NSW Pacific oyster survey 2010
- Pacific Oyster Mortality Syndrome (POMS)
- Permits for research, aquarium collecting and activities other than aquaculture
- NSW Shark Meshing (Bather Protection) Program
- Fishing Safety Advice
- Angel Rings program
- Safe boating with NSW Maritime Authority (www.maritime.nsw.gov.au)
For general fishing information, call the Fisheries Information Line on 1300 550 474.
- Got an iPhone? You can download the SharkSmart app from the App Store
- SharkSmart - know the risks and minimise your chance of a close encounter with a shark
- Fishing in Sydney Harbour
- NSW Seafood
- Fish kills in NSW demystified
- Fishing closures & restrictions
- NSW fish species
- Threatened Species Sighting Form
- Help stop illegal fishing!
- Newscast - a news bulletin for recreational fishers
- New South Wales submarine cable protection zones
- 13 Oct 2015Minister to host shark forum on north coast [115.0 KB PDF]
- 12 Oct 2015South coast flathead deformities investigated
- 01 Oct 2015Long weekend marks the start of trout season
- 01 Oct 2015Aboriginal cultural fishing regulation – Consultation underway
- 30 Sep 2015New partnership a win for all anglers [105.3 KB PDF]
- 30 Sep 2015Camden Haven research project to study prawn productivity