Take part in the NSW Government’s inaugural Go Fishing Day, to be held on Sunday 6 December 2015.
An identification guide for hammerhead sharks in NSW has been released.
An urgent Fishing Closure was implemented in Tilligerry Creek, Port Stephens and Fullerton Cove, Hunter River on 4 September 2015 to prohibit the taking of fish because of a pollution event.
The Structural Adjustment Review Committee has released it's Draft Recommendations and invites feedback
The Australian Fisheries Management Forum has developed a national statement of intent
The strategic plan identifies outcomes, strategies and key measures of success for Fisheries NSW over the next few years.
When you're fishing in NSW waters you're required by law to pay the NSW Recreational Fishing Licence Fee
Shark ecologist, Vic Peddemors, explains that through failed understanding of shark behavior and the use of practices that are unsustainable, the apex predator in a fragile ecosystem is now at risk.
- Advent Energy Ltd – 2014/15 Seismic Survey – Offshore Sydney Basin Area
- Pacific Oyster Mortality Syndrome (POMS)
- Permits for research, aquarium collecting and activities other than aquaculture
- NSW Shark Meshing (Bather Protection) Program
- Fishing Safety Advice
- Angel Rings program
- Safe boating with NSW Maritime Authority (www.maritime.nsw.gov.au)
For general fishing information, call the Fisheries Information Line on 1300 550 474.
- Got an iPhone? You can download the SharkSmart app from the App Store
- SharkSmart - know the risks and minimise your chance of a close encounter with a shark
- Fishing in Sydney Harbour
- NSW Seafood
- Fishing closures & restrictions
- NSW fish species
- Threatened Species Sighting Form
- Help stop illegal fishing!
- Newscast - a news bulletin for recreational fishers
- New South Wales submarine cable protection zones
- 27 Nov 2015Murray Cod season set to be strong
- 25 Nov 2015First shark technology trial underway [116.1 KB PDF]
- 18 Nov 2015Green light for improved fisheries management [107.7 KB PDF]
- 16 Nov 2015Discover the underwater world of Sydney Harbour [121.1 KB PDF]
- 12 Nov 2015Rollout of observation towers on state beaches [110.5 KB PDF]
- 06 Nov 2015Bowfishing for carp trials to begin in NSW