The Minister responsible for fisheries, the Hon. Katrina Hodgkinson has announced new fishing rules to assist the recovery of Mulloway stocks which are classified as overfished
To assist planners, developers and their consultants to assess and reduce potential impacts on key fish habitats
Update - final outcomes of consultation on boating practices and seagrass protection at North (Sydney) Harbour
The strategic plan identifies outcomes, strategies and key measures of success for Fisheries NSW over the next few years.
This short film discusses how boaters and fishers can help keep our waterways healthy.
When you're fishing in NSW waters you're required by law to pay the NSW Recreational Fishing Licence Fee
Shark ecologist, Vic Peddemors, explains that through failed understanding of shark behavior and the use of practices that are unsustainable, the apex predator in a fragile ecosystem is now at risk.
The NSW Government has placed restrictions on imports of live abalone from Tasmania and Victoria to minimise the risk of AVG impacting wild abalone stocks in NSW.
- Fish friendly marinas
- Hunter River fish kill - March 2013
- New advisory material on Coastal Saltmarsh - a key fish habitat protected in NSW
- NSW Pacific oyster survey 2010
- Rebuilding strategy for gulper shark stocks
- Pacific Oyster Mortality Syndrome (POMS)
- Ornamental fish update - important information
- Permits for research, aquarium collecting and activities other than aquaculture
- NSW Shark Meshing (Bather Protection) Program
- Fishing Safety Advice
- Angel Rings program
- SafeWaters information (www.safewaters.nsw.gov.au)
- Safe boating with NSW Maritime Authority (www.maritime.nsw.gov.au)
For general fishing information, call the Fisheries Information Line on 1300 550 474.
- 29 Nov 2013Murray cod season reopens 1 December
- 29 Nov 2013Joining the trees to connect the Namoi
- 25 Nov 2013Lobster thieves caught out
- 20 Nov 2013Community seminar sheds light on the iconic Murray crayfish
- 18 Nov 2013Illegal fishers caught out [198.1 KB PDF]
- 15 Nov 2013Fishing workshops key to safety