Aiming to increase protection for bathers from shark interactions.
Applications for funding through the NSW Recreational Fishing Trusts are now welcome.
DPI and the OEH have reviewed the 2009 JMAs for the program and drafted a new agreement, which is now on public exhibition.
Take part in the NSW Government’s second Go Fishing Day, to be held on Sunday 16 October 2016.
An identification guide for hammerhead sharks in NSW has been released.
An urgent Fishing Closure was implemented in Tilligerry Creek, Port Stephens and Fullerton Cove, Hunter River on 4 September 2015 to prohibit the taking of fish because of a pollution event.
The Structural Adjustment Review Committee has made its Final Recommendations to the Government. The Minister will now consider these recommendations before making final decisions on share linkages.
The Australian Fisheries Management Forum has developed a national statement of intent
When you're fishing in NSW waters you're required by law to pay the NSW Recreational Fishing Licence Fee
- New Policy for Fisheries Resource Sharing in NSW
- Advent Energy Ltd – 2014/15 Seismic Survey – Offshore Sydney Basin Area
- Pacific Oyster Mortality Syndrome (POMS)
- Permits for research, aquarium collecting and activities other than aquaculture
- NSW Shark Meshing (Bather Protection) Program
- Fishing Safety Advice
- Angel Rings program
- Safe boating with NSW Maritime Authority (www.maritime.nsw.gov.au)
For general fishing information, call the Fisheries Information Line on 1300 550 474.
- Got an iPhone? You can download the SharkSmart app from the App Store
- SharkSmart - know the risks and minimise your chance of a close encounter with a shark
- Fishing in Sydney Harbour
- NSW Seafood
- Fishing closures & restrictions
- NSW fish species
- Threatened Species Sighting Form
- Help stop illegal fishing!
- Newscast - a news bulletin for recreational fishers
- New South Wales submarine cable protection zones
- 21 Dec 2015North Coast to receive first shark barriers [124.2 KB PDF]
- 18 Dec 2015Joint agency crackdown on illegal seafood this festive season
- 17 Dec 2015Sounding out sharks: listening stations deployed [116.2 KB PDF]
- 16 Dec 2015Angler survey to measure fishing in Lake Eucumbene
- 03 Dec 2015Wet a line this “Go Fishing Day” [177.3 KB PDF]
- 27 Nov 2015Murray Cod season set to be strong