The Minister responsible for fisheries, the Hon. Katrina Hodgkinson has announced new fishing rules to assist the recovery of Mulloway stocks which are classified as overfished
To assist planners, developers and their consultants to assess and reduce potential impacts on key fish habitats
Update - final outcomes of consultation on boating practices and seagrass protection at North (Sydney) Harbour
The strategic plan identifies outcomes, strategies and key measures of success for Fisheries NSW over the next few years.
This short film discusses how boaters and fishers can help keep our waterways healthy.
When you're fishing in NSW waters you're required by law to pay the NSW Recreational Fishing Licence Fee
Shark ecologist, Vic Peddemors, explains that through failed understanding of shark behavior and the use of practices that are unsustainable, the apex predator in a fragile ecosystem is now at risk.
The NSW Government has placed restrictions on imports of live abalone from Tasmania and Victoria to minimise the risk of AVG impacting wild abalone stocks in NSW.
Know the risks and minimise your chance of a close encounter with a shark.
- Coastal Integrated Forestry Operations Approvals (IFOAs) Remake
- Fish friendly marinas
- Hunter River fish kill - March 2013
- New advisory material on Coastal Saltmarsh - a key fish habitat protected in NSW
- NSW Pacific oyster survey 2010
- Rebuilding strategy for gulper shark stocks
- Pacific Oyster Mortality Syndrome (POMS)
- Ornamental fish update - important information
- Permits for research, aquarium collecting and activities other than aquaculture
- NSW Shark Meshing (Bather Protection) Program
- Fishing Safety Advice
- Angel Rings program
- SafeWaters information (www.safewaters.nsw.gov.au)
- Safe boating with NSW Maritime Authority (www.maritime.nsw.gov.au)
For general fishing information, call the Fisheries Information Line on 1300 550 474.
- Advice to fishers on north, mid north and far north NSW coast (Ciguatera poisoning)
- Fishing in Sydney Harbour
- NSW Seafood
- Fish kills in NSW demystified
- Fishing closures & restrictions
- NSW fish species
- Threatened Species Sighting Form
- Help stop illegal fishing!
- Newscast - a news bulletin for recreational fishers
- New South Wales submarine cable protection zones
- 06 Mar 2014Have your say on proposed new rules for Southern Bluefin Tuna [123.1 KB PDF]
- 05 Mar 2014Ministerial Fisheries Advisory Council appointed [122.2 KB PDF]
- 03 Mar 2014Apply now to reel in recreational fishing funds [90.6 KB PDF]
- 03 Mar 2014Major rock lobster apprehension
- 28 Feb 2014Fishers urged to do the right thing
- 25 Feb 2014Abalone fisher in hot water over quota excess