The Structural Adjustment Review Committee has released it's Draft Recommendations and invites feedback
Proposed legislative changes and summary papers.
The Australian Fisheries Management Forum has developed a national statement of intent
A total of 16 changes to the recreational fishing rules will apply to fishers from 3 November 2014.
To assist planners, developers and their consultants to assess and reduce potential impacts on key fish habitats
The strategic plan identifies outcomes, strategies and key measures of success for Fisheries NSW over the next few years.
This short film discusses how boaters and fishers can help keep our waterways healthy.
When you're fishing in NSW waters you're required by law to pay the NSW Recreational Fishing Licence Fee
Shark ecologist, Vic Peddemors, explains that through failed understanding of shark behavior and the use of practices that are unsustainable, the apex predator in a fragile ecosystem is now at risk.
The NSW Government has placed restrictions on imports of live abalone from Tasmania and Victoria to minimise the risk of AVG impacting wild abalone stocks in NSW.
- Advent Energy Ltd – 2014/15 Seismic Survey – Offshore Sydney Basin Area
- Coastal Integrated Forestry Operations Approvals (IFOAs) Remake
- Fish friendly marinas
- New advisory material on Coastal Saltmarsh - a key fish habitat protected in NSW
- NSW Pacific oyster survey 2010
- Rebuilding strategy for gulper shark stocks
- Pacific Oyster Mortality Syndrome (POMS)
- Ornamental fish update - important information
- Permits for research, aquarium collecting and activities other than aquaculture
- NSW Shark Meshing (Bather Protection) Program
- Fishing Safety Advice
- Angel Rings program
- Safe boating with NSW Maritime Authority (www.maritime.nsw.gov.au)
For general fishing information, call the Fisheries Information Line on 1300 550 474.
- Got an iPhone? You can download the SharkSmart app from the App Store
- SharkSmart - know the risks and minimise your chance of a close encounter with a shark
- Fishing in Sydney Harbour
- NSW Seafood
- Fish kills in NSW demystified
- Fishing closures & restrictions
- NSW fish species
- Threatened Species Sighting Form
- Help stop illegal fishing!
- Newscast - a news bulletin for recreational fishers
- New South Wales submarine cable protection zones
- 30 Jul 2015Anglers required for catch-and-release research
- 28 Jul 2015Annual fishing closure to protect Eastern Freshwater Cod
- 14 Jul 2015Securing the future of the commercial fishing industry: sector to have its say [109.4 KB PDF]
- 30 Jun 2015Making fish in the Macquarie [163.0 KB PDF]
- 25 Jun 2015Turning the tide on marine management [119.9 KB PDF]
- 22 Jun 2015Recreational fishing thrown a $13 million line [131.2 KB PDF]